Dear Parents ,
Happy Family Day!!
In keeping with the Peel decision for schools , we shall be open to in – person learning from Wednesday, 17th February,2021. The next change of learning options will be scheduled after the March Break.
With high case numbers of COVID-19 still in our community, Peel Public Health has made the following recommendations for schools reopening in person learning where we want your support.
· Effective February 17th for all students, daily confirmation or proof of self-screening will be required prior to or upon arrival at school- They have to complete a health pass signed by a parent to enter the school and show to the teacher at entry point and classroom (document attached below )
· If a student is experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, they must stay home from school and follow the guidance in the COVID-19 school and child care screening tool regarding when they can return to school.
· Mandatory masking requirements are now in place for all students in Grades JK-8.
· Students in kindergarten (JK and SK) must also wear masks or face coverings - Masks for all are compulsory.
· The provincial government recently announced the following additional health and safety measures to be put in place in all Ontario elementary and secondary schools when students return to in-person learning:
§ in schools, including in hallways and during classes
§ on school transportation
§ outdoors during recess, where distance cannot be maintained
· Daily active COVID-19 screening and verification of all students, school staff and essential visitors.
o Daily active screening means that any person arriving at school will be checked daily to ensure they pass all COVID-19 screening questions.
o The screening information should be documented on the appropriate paper-based COVID-19 Screening Form – Health pass / screening tool.
o Please note that daily temperature screening at the school is not required as parents and staff must take this at home everyday before they leave for school.
· In the event of a class dismissal, siblings and any other children in the house that attend school or childcare will be asked to remain home, and not attend school until the child in the dismissed class returns to school. Adults in the same household may continue to go to work.
As a reminder:
· All children with at least one symptom of COVID-19, even mild symptoms, must stay home, self-isolate and are recommended to get tested. Household members, including siblings, also must self-isolate while the symptomatic child is awaiting test results. This will catch COVID-19 infections even sooner and help keep schools open for all children.
Attached is toolkit for parents/caregivers in the event their child has symptoms of COVID-19. It includes information on the symptoms of COVID-19, when to return to school and how to self-isolate.
We understand this is a challenging and stressful time for families, and hope to receive your support in every way to keep our children and community safe Have a great week end
Ms M Singh Principal Khalsa School Malton (905-671-2010)